- This event has passed.
COVID-19: The Battle To Save Black Lives (Virtual Town Hall)
April 30, 2020 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Center Director Vickie Mays will speak as part of a panel Thursday, April 30, from 12 to 1:30 p.m on the health, economic, and social impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on Black communities during a virtual town hall meeting presented by the Minority Health Institute.
- Richard Allen Williams, M.D., FACC, FAHA, FACP*President and Founder, Minority Health Institute Clinical Professor of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA Past President, National Medical Association Founder, Association of Black Cardiologists
- David Pryor, MD MPH, Regional Vice President, Medical Director, Anthem
- Jehan (Gigi) El-Bayoumi, MD, FACP, Founding Director, Rodham Institute Professor of Medicine, George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Patrice A. Harris, MD, MA, President, American Medical Association
- Oliver T. Brooks, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Watts HealthCare Corporation President, National Medical Association
- Muntu Davis, MD, MPH, County Health Officer, Los Angeles County Department of Public Health
- Gustavo Friederichsen, CEO, Los Angeles County Medical Association
- Lisa Barkley, MD, FAAFP, FSAHM, FACSM, Chair and Program Director, Family Medicine Residency, Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science
- Mia Keeys, MA, Director of Health Equity Policy & Advocacy, American Medical Association
- Reverend J. Edgar Boyd, Pastor, First African Methodist Episcopal Church of Los Angeles